Sunday, May 6, 2012

My Job

I officially started my job tonight and I think I'm going to really like it!

I am doing several things at Kohls and only started with one of my tasks and that is "asset." Basically they go around and replace the sale signs. We have to scan each sign and the little computers tell us whether or not the sign needs to be replaced. We do each section and then print out the signs. After that we go around and replace the signs that need to be replaced. Sounds boring to some but its great because you don't have to worry about customers and work by yourself but also collectively as a team. Pretty cool stuff.

The most interesting part of the job is the schedule and the people. The Asset Team consists of me and 5 other older ladies. When I say older I mean roughly around 40-50 years old. This could get very interesting and entertaining very quickly. They all seem very nice except one, she gives off the impression she doesn't like many people. That alright though, I'm going to engulf her in niceness :)

As for the other part, the schedule, when I am scheduled to work I work 7 to midnight. They said on extremely busy nights they could be there until 2 AM. Not a huge deal. Tonight according to them was a very easy night and we were out by 10:40 PM. I pretty glad of this schedule because this is great practice for when I get my actual meteorology job and the crazy schedule that comes with it.

Here is my schedule for the rest of the week:

Tuesday: 7 PM - midnight

Next week is the crazy schedule:

5/15: 7 PM - midnight
5/17: 7 PM - midnight
5/18: 2 PM - 4 PM (not sure about this one)
5/19: 10 PM - 6 AM (this will be very interesting)**

**This is where I am doing something else besides Asset and forgot to ask my manager about it.

Looking forward to new challenges and to get to know this ladies! Hahaha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment