Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

I made a VERY stupid mistake at work...

I was scheduled for "price change," which is where we go in over night and check every clearance item to see if the price stays the same and or goes up. Pretty simple.

Well I was scheduled to work tonight [Wednesday] from 10 PM to 6 AM. I went in tonight and there was pretty much nobody there. I walked around for a while and some lady asked me if I needed help with anything. I told her I was there for the price change shift. She looked at me and said "that was last night." ...............................................................................are you serious? Yes I missed a shift. Luckily my ad set supervisor was there so I rushed to her and asked what I should do. She said talk to the manager on shift, whom I have not met before tonight.

I go up to her and tell her who I was. Immediately she said "oooh. you are the one who missed your shift last night." Gggggrrrreeeaaattt. Even people I don't know, are aware that I missed last night. She said I had to fill out a form and go talk to the HR supervisor in the morning and tell him the situation. I am freaking out inside, considering that I have a "no call, no show" on my work record and I have only been there for a month. I asked my supervisor if I would get in trouble and she said that considering I showed up, just on the wrong day, probably not. Still freaking out.

Stressed. Stressed. Stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment