Thursday, January 31, 2013

Love Show

I left my church, Ridge Baptist, last June but returned this past August to start a college-aged ministry called Morph. Things are going very well and some developments have occured in which I have, in a way, taken over the ministry. This means planning events and teaching the bible study. Might be a shocker to those who know me but I felt led to teach.

We are currently doing the study, Multiply, by Francis Chan and this week's lesson was about loving those around us. However there are some people, that no matter what they do they say "love you." This is something that has been bugging me as it seems that after they say it SO many times it loses its meaning and power. I am talking about friends to friends and not family members to each other. I am talking about when someone posts a status update about a bad day and their friend responds with "love you." To me it doesn't seem like an appropriate response and this happens with every status.

Is this because I am a guy and I don't express my emotions like my other homo-sapien counterparts? It is because I am jealous that it doesn't happen to me? I don't know.

Just some thoughts on my mind tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment