Saturday, April 14, 2012

"Hunger Games" Review

Yesterday I read the first book of the Hunger Games Series and also saw the book. The book was excellent! Obviously since I finished it in one day haha. I think the most fascinating/terrifying part of the book is that it could possibly true one day! In case you don't know, the setting of the book takes place in North America but it has become a very poor North America and has turned into a communist government with a capitol and 12 districts that export certain products. A girl and a boy, ages 12-18, are chosen from each district that go to the Hunger Games in which they face each other to the death for food for their district. Very violent but very well written and thought of.

The movie on the other hand to me was not that good. The pacing was awkward at times. The acting is pretty average and they flow of the story didn't go very well. Overall I think it was hard to move what was on pages, to the big screen. Not saying it was possible but could had been done better in my opinion. Anxious to see how the sequel turns out as they are currently looking for a new director. Maybe a new director will do the next book more justice.

I haven't read the next book yet but plan on buying them next week! Pretty excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment