Monday, April 9, 2012

Rant

WARNING: This post is going to be mainly me ranting about stuff, so if you don't want to hear it, don't read this post. Also, I am pretty pissed off right now so there might be language. You have been warned.

First thing is....why do people you really don't talk to try to reconnect but don't put effort into it? Here is the situation: A friend from 8th grade kind of went off the grid and our friendship kind of fell apart with a bunch of drama. I tried several times to keep it up with this person by contacting him/her when I got back from Alabama so we could hang out and usually nothing came back. Fast forward to graduation. This person didn't come to the ceremony which is understandable but I had a party a few weeks later in which this person said they were coming. Did they come? Nope. I was whatever about it. Somehow we both got new phones and the phone numbers were not transferred so we reconnecting through facebook in which it consisted of us sending phone numbers to each other. On March 24. Fast forward to today (April 9) and get a text saying "Sam!" Sent a text back with this person's name. No response. So why in hell are you trying to reconnect when you are not going to put any more effort into it. I spent 3 1/2 years trying to reconnect and now you want to reconnect....after I been in Charleston for 4 months! WTH! Don't expect any effort from me, as I already tried.

Next rant is about hanging out. I have been back in Charleston for 4 months and I still haven't found a core group. You are probably thinking that I have gone down this road. Yea I have! I haven't found that core group yet. In college there was a group that I could call up and we could do anything and everything we wanted and when we wanted. Here it is hit and miss. Here are the groups:
  • Church Group - All of them are engaged, married, or have kids. 
  • High School Friends - HA! See paragraph above. Three of them I really keep up with and they live in Columba at college.
  • Old Church Friends - People who have left Ridge. Slacking in motivation and have babies
  • Family - Cousins are hit and miss....especially one of them

What am I going to do about it? To start in the coming two weeks I am going to start visiting new churches, churches that offer a better singles program than my current church.

That's enough ranting for one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment