Monday, April 16, 2012

What A Weekend!

After a VERY slow week, the weekend went at a good pace and was a blast! It started Friday when I had a very lazy day. I bought the first Hunger Games book in the series and read it one day. Sad I know but the book is great! After that I went and saw the movie. Not a huge fan of the movie but still good and kept pretty close to the book, which is pretty rare these days.

Saturday was spend in the morning with my niece. We worked outside for a few hours and ate grilled hotdogs for lunch. After that I hopped in a bus with roughly six youth and six adults with the church, and went to see Tim Hawkins in concert. Tim Hawkins is a christian comedian that does music parodies and was hilarious. If you get a chance, look him up on youtube. I will try to add some to the blog. Specifically look up, "God Bless Chickfila."

Sunday was sent at church. It was a great message from the pastor from 1 Corinthians about worship. The pastor talked about your attitude when it comes to church. Recently I really had no desire to go to church and so the message struck close to the heart. A lot of thinking going on right now. Might write about it soon. Randall and Mom drove Carolina back home and didn't get back until 9:30 PM. Around 8 I had some people over to watch Iron Man 2, the next movie in our Avengers monthly adventure in which we are rewatching all the movies that lead up to the Avengers movie. We had subs and enjoyed some good conversation. My cousin and his friend bought me an Avengers t-shirt! Oh yeah! The three of us enjoyed some good conversation on the porch for about an hour, only in the South!

Yes, very good weekend! Spending next weekend in Columbia for my niece's birthday....pony birthday. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment